"System of Good Deeds: Kurgan" Strategic Session to be Held in Trans-Ural Region
The Sistema Fest social and cultural charity festival is set to begin on October 16 in Kurgan. The event will give students in the Trans-Ural region an opportunity to voice their concerns about the Kurgan Region, propose solutions, and secure grants. The event has been organized by the Sistema Charitable Foundation, the social investment operator Sistema JSFC, Sintez OJSC (one of the largest pharmaceutical businesses in Russia, part of Sistema JSFC, with Rostec subsidiary Nacimbio as a shareholder), and Kurgan State University with support from the Government of the Kurgan Region.
The first stage of the festival is the "System of Good Deeds: Kurgan" strategic session, which will be held online on October 16 and 17 through Zoom. Around 100 students from KSU and vocational training institutions are expected to participate. During these two days, experts will deliver online presentations to share best practices in social planning, examine already implemented initiatives, and help young people in the audience to work on their own projects. Every participant will have personal access to the Zoom conference, where they can communicate directly with the experts, moderators, and mentors.
The session will feature presentations from:
• Elena Frolova, Project Manager of the Corporate Social Responsibility Department of PJSC MTS
• Irina Zakirova, Executive Director of the Ural Club of New Education (a regional social organization in Sverdlovsk)
• Dmitri Maslennikov, Head of the Project Office of the Ural Institute of Management of RANEPA, mentor of the Atmosfera social entrepreneur team, Associate Professor of the Department of Economic Theory, PhD in Economics, ASI regional expert in technology and entrepreneurship.
• Anastasia Maslennikova, manager of the Atmosfera social entrepreneur team, Associate Professor at the Ural Institute of Management of RANEPA, PhD in Economics, ASI regional expert in social projects.
• Alina Plotnikova, social entrepreneur, coach, management and accounting evaluation consultant in NPO for social project design, author of the online course "Creating Successful and Efficient Social Projects," fundraiser, member of the Association of Specialists in Program and Policy Evaluation, Project Coordinator of the Family to Children autonomous NPO (Ekaterinburg).
• Yan Kozhan, social entrepreneur, founder of the Sysert Development Agency (an autonomous NPO and unique private institution for land development), Project Lead of the Summer at the Factory project to revive an old Ural factory.
At further stages of the event, students will be able to present their solutions and secure grants to implement them. Grant applications can be submitted from the conclusion of the session on October 19 until November 18. All residents of the region are eligible to take part.
The grant competition is aimed at developing volunteer activities, the urban environment, and social and cultural spaces, preserving sites of cultural and historical importance, modernizing the professional training system for young specialists, and more. The winners of the competition will be announced on December 3.
The students will start implementing their projects next year. For more information, please see the official website of the Sistema Charitable Foundation and follow Sistema Fest on social media.